Friday, October 18, 2013

Tough day yesterday for the Australians-From Australian boxing Team Member Josh English

Tough day yesterday for the Australians, myself especially. I gave everything I had against the Thai boxer and thought I had clearly taken the decision. One judge agreed giving me all 3 rounds, while the other two gave me only one round. Very disappointed that my journey ends here for the tournament, but my spirits have been sightly lifted with all the support Ive had and the comments from other countries in regards to who they thought won. Daniel Lewis (69kg) also went down to a very talented Kenyan boxer.


Josh English Vs Thai Boxer at World Boxing Championships
On the Button - Josh English hits the mark with his left.



Tuesday, Tim Locock (60kg) went down to Russia, while Dave Biddle (64kg) won by TKO against Nepal. Today we have Jackson Woods (56kg) fighting Bulgaria in a what will hopefully be another win for Australia. 

Even though I wont fight again this tournament, I should be able to do some sparring with other countries over the next week and I'll never forget the intensity of fighting in front of the rest of the world like I did yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment